Contentmint tastes like...
Ever made mint cordial before?
Well neither had I until I was given this super easy recipe and then I realized it was mint to be and that was all the encouragemint I needed!
Try making this delicious, refreshing, stomach settling cordial and enjoy it in so many ways. Over crushed ice, mixed with spring water, frozen into cubes or pops, spooned over ice-cream. It’s SOoo good that it won’t last long enough and you may have to make double!
Servings: 500ml Time: 15 minutes and overnight Difficulty: Easy
- 30 sprigs mint – bonus points for using homegrown mint!
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- Wash your mint leaves & remove stems
- Combine the water, sugar, and mint leaves in a saucepan
- Bring to the boil over high heat, then immediately remove
- Let the mixture cool and put in the fridge overnight to allow the flavour to infuse
- Next day: sterilize a heatproof glass bottle
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or cloth into a clean saucepan
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 3 minutes
- Pour the syrup into the sterilized bottle
- Refrigerate for up to 1 month
- To serve, mix 1 part cordial to five parts fresh or sparkling water, with lots of ice and a sprig of mint for decoration
REST. RENEW & RECHARGE
Get Your FREE Healing Guided Meditation